(14) Wesley Chapman: Making A Deal With God To Stop Being A Victim
Abandoned, abused, and on the verge of dying, it’s an understatement to say that Wes had a rough childhood. In fact, he hit rock bottom at the age of 16! Faced with a critical and painful moment of stopping himself from medicating and numbing the pain, he made a choice to not let the pain of his past prevent him from moving forward in the direction of what he wanted and who he wanted to be. Though it took many years to master his reactions, Wes won. He became his own hero!
This is one of the best motivational stories for personal empowerment!
Wesley Chapman is the co-founder of A Human Project. His organization is on a mission to create a community of empowered youth.
- Dream Builder: A proven process to live a life you love! Click here to access a free webinar preview.
- There are two choices in life: we can be a hero or we can be a victim. The choice comes in a critical moment of when we react to something.
- “The moments of life don’t define you. The moments of reaction do” Wes Chapman
- We often judge our own personal trials and tribulations by what we’ve heard others have experienced. We then tell ourselves our story is not nearly important as the story of someone who had it harder.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Do what’s necessary to give yourself enough credit. Celebrate the small wins, communicate self praise, and set up rewards in order to feel good about what we’ve done and what you will be doing.
- Will comes from three places: 1) your relationship with God 2) unconditional love and support from someone in your daily life 3) a source within your own self.
- Perspective and clarity often results from forgiving ourselves.
- A proven process to forgiving yourself is: 1) Know you are not alone 2) Understand your “why” enough to be able to let go and move on 3) Celebrate who you are.