(17) Rachel Bouknight: Beating the Odds of Infertility
Rachel’s journey of motherhood was filled with every obstacle imaginable: infertility issues (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), a marriage on the rocks, health complications throughout pregnancy, and relocating over 2000 miles! Hear how she got through it all.
Rachel shares motivational words to support all future mothers and fathers currently dealing with infertility issues.
Rachel is the mother of a year and a half adorable young boy. She’s a social worker for the homeless population in the Minneapolis area. Every spare moment she gets, she’s outside.
- Dream Builder: A proven process to live a life you love! Click here to access a free webinar preview.
- It’s alarming to learn that infertility can happen to you. It can be embarrassing and painful, and can have an impact on a relationship.
- For a woman to learn that you may never be able to have children, it takes tremendous determination and stubborness (and sometimes craziness) to “beat the odds” and get what you want (have a child).
- When you’re told you can’t have what you want, it makes you want it even more. You’ll do everything in your power to make it happen!
Pearls of Wisdom
- There may be times when you lose hope. If so, that’s okay. But when you do, rely on your loved ones for support. They may be exactly what you need to get through rough times.
- Every way a baby is brought into this world is the right way. Life is so precious. Nobody really cares how your child is brought into this world.
- At times life is extremely challenging. In those times, it’s best to look at your options, choose something, and go forward with your decision.
- If your heart wants something, don’t ignore it. Find a way to make it happen. You have to find the hope (and trust your gut) and the pay off will show up.
- “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ” –Elizabeth Stone