(37) Healing Intergenerational Trauma
Greg Archer wrote a book called Grace Revealed. It’s an amazing story of the experiences of his Polish ancestors who were victim’s of Stalin’s deportation.
It’s also a story of his personal transformation and inter-generational trauma.
Greg Archer is a journalist and author. He is a committed student of Bikram Yoga and is currently discerning his next place to call home.
Listen to Greg’s inspirational short stories and how they changed his life.
Recommended Life Changing Programs
- Recreate Your Life Story! Learn how to let go of your past, find happiness in the present, and live in full excitement about what your future holds. Click here to learn more.
- Dream Builder: An online personal development program that helps you manifest your most desirable dreams. Click here to view a free webinar that explains more about the program.
Greg’s Life Changing Lessons
- Knows when he’s about to take a leap of faith. Fear and doubt enters his life and he either allows himself to get pummeled by it or he opens his mind to the possibilities of going somewhere he hasn’t gone before.
- There’s always more to purge in life.
- There will be times when you get a sign and you don’t want to follow it because you’re not ready for the growth.
- There’s no “Spiritual Novocaine” for encounters and situations that are painful. You just have to feel into it.
- What happens before us lives on through us, whether we were/are aware of it or not.
Pearls of Wisdom
- Committing to a life of awareness helps you develop your intuition, which in turn helps you recognize when the currents of life are about to change.
- “Life is Like a Yoga Pose” Greg Archer. Breathe through the fear and doubt and sit with it, rather than run from it, and things will shift in that moment. Allow things to be.
- There are things that we encounter in life, of which aren’t fully ours. They may have been passed down from a previous generation and we’re the “lucky ones” that are in a position to deal with it and heal what might have been a past trauma.
- Most of us are stronger, more confident, and intuitive than what we give ourselves credit for being.
- If you want to learn more about the lives of your ancestors, start by asking your oldest family member about the stories they remember from their childhood.
References Mentioned By and Ways to Connect With Greg
- Grace Revealed book
- Grace Revealed Facebook page
- Bikram Yoga
- Mary Jarvis Yoga
- Sally Adams Yoga
- Amy Mihal Yoga
- Family Constellation work with Mark Wollynn