(4) Reid Peterson: Friending Fear
Fear is arguably the thing that holds us back from living life in the way that we want to live. What do you do when fear consumes you? Reid Peterson shares motivational words via his story of the time he was fired from his job, how it was the trigger for him to go into a downward spiral, and what he did (and is still doing) to transform his fear and get out.
Reid is the host of the Life Changing Stories podcast, an excellent husband, and the future Assistant Director of Public Programs at Pacifica Graduate Institute. Committed to personal development and the deeper meanings in life, Reid created the Life Changing Stories podcast to support others in taking steps necessary to create a better life.
- Mary Morrissey’s Dream Builder Program: A life changing program that helps you create a dream and build the confidence/take action to make it a reality! Click here to access a free webinar for the program.
- Relationships have a big impact on the work you do. Often, it’s less about what you do and more about who you do it with.
- Getting too comfortable sometimes comes back to haunt you. Being stretched (metaphorically) is healthy for it supports your growing and becoming something greater.
- Too often, thoughts are limiting and the opposite of self-serving. Working to be in better control of you own thoughts puts you in a position to make your life more enjoyable.
Pearls of Wisdom
- It’s okay to feel down sometimes. There is good that comes as a result of that sadness, darkness, or even depression.
- Exercise. Move your body. It changes your feeling state and helps you feel good about yourself.
- Find the right fit. Keep learning more about who you are and the type of people who will support you as you grow.
- Don’t do it alone. Find others who truly support you. There’s always someone who will show up in supporting you.
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway Book written by Susan Jeffers which is a great starting point in working with fear.