(9) Hal Elrod: Once Declared Dead- Now Creating Mornings Filled With Miracles
Early in Hal’s life, he was hit head on by a drunk driver, and declared dead. Once resuscitated, his doctors told him he would never walk again. Hal overcame adversity and then some! Hear his inspirational short stories and messages about personal responsibility and principles for creating success.
Hal is the author of the #1 best selling book, The Miracle Morning. He is also an Internationally acclaimed keynote speaker and triumphant success coach.
- Mary Morrissey’s Dream Builder Program: A life changing program that helps you create a dream and build the confidence/take action to make it a reality! Click here to access a free webinar that provides and overview of the program.
- There will be times in life that feel like rock bottom. They’re scary situations, with very little opportunities for predictability. In these moments, taking responsibility to choose a reason for what happened will best serve us. Every experience, good or bad, is an asset to us.
- There is opportunity for growth in every moment of adversity we face.
- We can’t change the things that have happened to us. Being negative about difficult things for longer than what’s necessary isn’t worth our time. Hal learned to accept things he could not change. A mantra of “can’t change it” can be applied to everything. It helps us let go of frustrations, stresses, and anxieties that just aren’t worth our time.
- Learning to live in a state of unconditional acceptance for the past, the present, and the future, is a recipe for happiness and doing things that we want to do.
Pearls of Wisdom
- “The moment you accept responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you gain the power to change anything in your life.” Hal Elrod
- Taking responsibility is a way of showing yourself that you are committed to changing things.
- To make a significant change in your life, first start by putting something in writing. Thoughts alone don’t really change things. Start writing statements like “I am responsible for _____, and therefore creating change in _____.
- Implement the ‘Can’t change it’ rule into your life. Instead of spending too much time on negative energy, allow yourself to get upset for a set amount of time (to release that negative energy), and then accept that you can’t change it and move on.
- “Your level of success will rarely exceed your level of personal development because success is something you attract by the person you become.” Jim Rowan
- Your morning is a gift for doing personal development things to become a better person.
- “Every failure is an asset to learn from and to become better than you were before you failed.” Hal Elrod
- Halelrod.com (contact information)
- The Miracle Morning Book
- The Miracle Morning Journal
- Failing Forward by John Maxwell