Mike grew up living his dream of playing professional baseball. While in his mid 20’s, the dream was killed when he sustained a career ending injury. Without knowing what to do next, Mike explored passion, purpose, and authenticity. What did it lead him to? To be a motivational speaker and author.
Hear Mike’s motivational stories for how to live with Self-Compassion.
Mike Robbins is the author of three books- his latest is titled Nothing Changes Until You Do. He’s also a sought-after keynote speaker who teaches people how to infuse their lives and businesses with authenticity and appreciation.
- Dream Builder: A proven process to live a life you love! Click here to view a free webinar that explains what the program is about.
- The darkness of pain (depression, fear) opens us up. It’s a teacher for being compassionate to ourselves and others who are going through difficult times.
- Prayer, meditation, and asking for help are three things you can do when you are sitting with something heavy and you feel stuck.
- Focus on what truly matters to you. At some point your time will come to an end. When you live life from a perception of knowing your time is limited, are you going to make different choices?
Pearls of Wisdom
- How much of life are you living by reacting to someone else’s rules as compared to living from your own intuition?
- Too often we hold ourselves back from doing certain things because of our internal criticisms and judgments. We get caught up with “there’s a right way” which is like an internal “stop” sign.
- Be gentle with yourself. Only go as fast as the slowest part of you feels safe to go.
- A mindset focused on growth is a result of having high healthy expectations and a strong sense of self nurturance.
- Fear becomes problematic when we deny it. The next time you’re afraid, try embracing it, breathing into it, feel it, and allow ourselves to move through it.
- “Gentle With Myself” by Karen Drucker
- “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success” by Karen Drucker
- “Nothing Changes Until You Do” by Mike Robbins
- Steve Jobs Stanford commencement speech
- “Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers